menstruation disc - PERIOD
the menstruation disc is just like a menstruation cup - just better! you can wear it for up to 12 hours and are free to move as you usually do. skip those tampons and choose a more sustainable option!
how to insert:
1. boil the disc for 5 minutes. the easiest way to do this is to put the disc in a cup, pour boiling water over it and let it stand for about 5 minutes.
2. wash your hands.
3. hold the disc between your thumb and forefinger and squeeze it at the double edge.
4. insert it in the direction of the cervix.
5. now push the front edge upwards behind the pubic bone so that the disc sits securely.
how to remove
1. to empty the disc during the day, detach the front edge from the pubic bone with your index finger (the best way is from above), pull the disc out of your vagina a little bit and let it drain without removing it completely.
2. every 12 hours, take the disc out completely by pulling it out with your index finger (from above) at the double edge. empty it and wash it briefly with water.
3. boil the disc again for 5 minutes at the end of the period.
for some women, the disc empties itself in the toilet. a mega great special feature of the menstrual disc! this happens because the pelvic floor muscles that you use when going to the toilet also press on the edge of the menstrual disc, so that it empties. maybe it happens automatically for you, or maybe you have to consciously push a little or tighten your pelvic floor muscles.
but don't worry, the menstrual disc does not suddenly empty automatically while you are doing yoga, swimming or squatting. this really only happens in the toilet position with a tense pelvic floor.
S/M = 65x33mm / M/L = 70x37mm