do you know the value of what you buy?
the value of a product is so much more than just the price tag. we believe that the true worth of a product is all the hard work, dedication and love that goes into it. this is why we want to take you on a journey to learn more about everything that goes into a handmade product.
in the following illustration you will discover the most important work steps of the "lala" baskets by yoomee.
key facts about the production:
- active production time: 1 day per bag
- people involved in production: ca. 4 women
highlights of the product:
- raffia is a completely natural, compostable and biodegradable material. it's a very strong yet light-weight material, which makes for great comfort for shoes or bags for example.
did you know?
- the weaving technique that is used for this bag is called "marrakchia". it's a very famous technique used for weaving baskets, bowls, hats, home accessories or even bags andis mainly used by women.
- "lala" is the name given in marrakech to a woman who helps at home, in the kitchen or with the children, or simply goes to the market for one to shop.
words from the founder:
almost all yoomee-products are produced in marrakech by a women’s cooperative. this organization offers the female artisans a quiet, safe, and beautiful workspace that creates independence and empowerment.