do you know the value of what you buy?
the value of a product is so much more than just the price tag. we believe that the true worth of a product is all the hard work, dedication and love that goes into it. this is why we want to take you on a journey to learn more about everything that goes into a handmade product.
in the following illustration you will discover the most important work steps of the "link" ring by hana kim.
key facts about the production:
- people involved in the production: nicole (the creator behind hana kim), the foundry team (approx. 10 people), and the gilding team (approx 7 people). both partner companies are swiss companies.
- production time: the whole process including design, conception, and production can take up to 15 days.
highlights of the product:
- nicole has absolute transparency when it comes to the materials she uses. from the ear nut to the material and the producers, nicole knows all the facts, materials, and people involved. she questions, researches, and really gets involved. for example, all components of her products are made in the dach region or in italy and she has a personal relationship with her producers.
did you know?
- all components of this ring are created separately and then assembled by hand. this process takes a lot of expertise, time, and trials.
- creating jewelry takes a wide range of tools and very skilled hands. nicole needs up to 13 tools to create this product.
words from the founder:
i think consumers should ask more questions about the materials of the products they purchase, and where their products were manufactured. it would be nice for society to develop more sensibility towards good materials and production.